Solicitation in Halsey

front door

Anyone who approaches your property with the intent to sell goods or services is required to have first obtained a solicitation permit from the City, per Halsey Municipal Code. There are certain exceptions, including personal, political, charitable, religious or philanthropic purposes; provided there is no selling of merchandise or services or solicitation of contributions. Unincorporated youth businesses carried out by those under eighteen years of age also do not require a permit.

Each individual salesperson is required to obtain a permit (not the company as a whole), and the City requires that solicitors and peddlers apply for and pay for their permit prior to going door-to-door. Permits are a small, laminated card, and shall be displayed while actively selling.

If you are ever uncomfortable with a salesperson, you may contact the Linn County Sheriff Non-Emergency line at 541-967-391.





circle graphic contact icon
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Closed 12 PM - 1 PM